- You will need Timeclock, Manager, and Payroll permission to set up Pay Adjustment Packages. If you don't have access to this, ask someone from your company with 'Manager' permissions to update your user permissions.
- You will need to have set up your Staff Roles and Staff Members' details correctly. For more information on this click here.
How to set up Pay Adjustment Packages
1. Click on Time> Compliance> Pay Adjustment. To see the list of available pay adjustment packages click Add New:
Here you'll see all available pay adjustment packages, some examples are below:
- Regional Anniversary dates
- New Zealand Public Holidays
- New Zealand Holiday Pay
- New Zealand Holiday Pay & KiwiSaver
To find more information on what each of these packages includes click View. This will bring you to the Rules for the package.
Here you'll see the name of the package, the rate adjustment that will be made in Loaded, and the scheduled start and finish times for the adjustment. Note, The condition and rate here refer to the additional cost that will be added to the ordinary time worked by your staff members on these dates.
2. To use one of the packages on this list click the green Enable button.
3. Next, select the date range you'd like this package to be applied to. By default, today's date will be valid from the start date, but if you want to delay the start to a date in the future, or backdate this to a date in the past click on the calendar icon next to Start and choose your desired date from the pop-up.
The End date is always defaulted to 'Forever', meaning this adjustment will continue to be applied on the dates specified until the package is removed entirely, or you can use the calendar icon to add an end date.
4. Finally, you can select which employees or roles you'd like this package to apply to. The default will be set to 'All Employees' but if you click on that drop box and select 'Only Employees' you will be able to customise some conditions for your pay adjustment package.
If you'd like to limit this package to specific employees, click Add Condition. From here you can select Employee> Equals and select the specific employees you'd like the package applied to. Alternatively, you can select Employee> Does Not Equal and select the specific employees you don't want the pay adjustment package applied to.
If you'd like to limit this package to specific roles in your business, click Add Condition. From here you can select Role> Equals and select the specific roles you'd like the package applied to. Alternatively, you can select Role> Does Not Equal and select the specific roles you don't want the pay adjustment package applied to.
Once you are happy with the date range and any conditions you have applied, click Enable.
Now when you navigate back to the pay adjustments page you'll see all enabled packages currently set up for your company.
To view the details of the package again you can click Manage. From this page, you can change the Valid From and Valid To dates, or remove the package entirely by clicking on Remove.
If you would like to disable a specific rule within a package, e.g. remove ANZAC day from the New Zealand Public Holidays package you can do so by clicking Manage on the package, scroll to find the date you want to disable & click Disable
What happens once you have enabled a Pay Adjustment Package
There are three parts of Loaded that are impacted by Pay Adjustment Packages:
- Roster - Once enabled, the cost of any shifts rostered on the specified date(s) in the Pay Adjustment Package will be automatically calculated at the staff members' ordinary pay rate plus or minus the pay adjustment that applies during this period. You can view the pay adjustment breakdown of each staff member by clicking the total hours and expected pay for the staff member under their name in the roster editor.
- Labour Reports - Once enabled, the cost of any shifts your staff members clock in for on the specified date(s) in the pay adjustment package will be automatically calculated at the staff members ordinary pay rate, plus or minus the pay adjustment that applies. Specific conditions and manual edits to adjustments will also be calculated in Labour Reports.
- Timeclocks - Once enabled, the cost of any shifts your staff members clock in for on the specified date(s) in your Pay Adjustment Package will be automatically calculated at the staff members' ordinary pay rate plus or minus the payment adjustment that applies.
You will be able to see a specific breakdown of each Staff member's ordinary time and the pay adjustment in the Time> Timeclock> Punches By Staff report. For more information on this report and how to edit any Adjustments click here.